Saturday, August 12, 2017

Unfinished Projects


Unfinished Projects

My grandmother made a shirt for my cousin who was in fourth grade. The shirt had
the buttons sewn on and the button holes made. This was back when women actually
sewed at home and did things by hand. The one thing missing was the collar, which
was together complete with lining but had not been attached to the shirt.         
My cousin was a bit older than
us.                                                                                                                                        
When my younger brother was in fourth grade, Grannie gave the shirt to my mother
still minus the collar. As my son approached fourth grade, Mom passed the             
shirt to me. I sewed on the collar and my son wore the shirt.                                                     
In the space of 25 years or more, the unfinished shirt had been passed down three
times before it was finished. It got me to thinking about all the projects I start and do
not see to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment